My Blog!

metal type letter M Y b20 letter L letter O letter G exclamation mark !

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tool #11

In YOUR blog post, discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students.
This is a fabulous way to wrap the 11 tools up. So here is my list of 3:
1. First, I model my thinking and how I conduct my searches on google, or what ever search engine. I talk out loud so my students can hear my thoughts as I type in key words.
2. Next, I want my students to know that just because it is published on the Internet, it does not make it a fact or true. We could even run an example by comparing true scientific data and then finding bogus information on the web. This would further prove the need to cross reference and pull up various resources to confirm or reject the information found.
3. Last, but not least, they need to respect others online. I enjoyed the first part of the 11 tools where we discussed the cyber bullying. So, whether in posts, or with classmates as they share a resource, they must demonstrate patience and respect.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to what you said about not believing everything you see on the 'net! Sometimes even I am guilty of believing something because it seems "too good to be true." Truth is, that's a good mantra for the kiddos online and in the real world! :)

    ReplyDelete