My Blog!

metal type letter M Y b20 letter L letter O letter G exclamation mark !

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tool #11 Reflection part 2 of 4 :)

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools. I loved Photo Story 3 - I will have my students create science presentations of their science experiments using this app. I will use Jing for teaching students how to complete a process as they rotate into a center. I will eliminate the need of repeating the same set of instructions. This will give me time to work with students that need help.
2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? I like the idea of having a blog. So, to start with I will have students add it to my favorites and they will always know to access it for any information; whether I am absent and assign a link to Jing or the student just wants to keep in touch.
3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? Yes, this was a lengthy program, but honestly, sometimes we have to get that little "push" to get us to look at what is on the other side of the technology world. It's nice to have gotten out of my comfort zone and try new apps! I was surprised by how easy the apps were to use and how fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes. A cafe! I'll take a Cafe au Lait with a shot of technology! Yes, it's been a LENGTHY course... and I've only done 2 so far! Too bad we can't get credit hours for the ACTUAL time we spend on this! Each lesson has taken me HOURS to read, understand, post and review. I wonder how many of the tools I can apply for 2nd grade? I have to make sure that I don't underestimate them~ SOME knew more about the ActiveBoard last year than I did! Anyway, just plugging through my tools, and picking the ones that have cool names! Thanks for your insights!

    ReplyDelete